April is winding down, and you know what that means! That means there's only three more weeks until this semi-Albino Mexican becomes a Texan again! Mark your calendars, folks! On the 20th of May(aka Eliza Doolittle Day for those who are fans of My Fair Lady), we'll be pulling into the parking lot of Freedom Fellowship Church in Canyon, TX w/ trailer-loads of junk we toted down here five years ago. Can I get an "Epic Woot"?
This transition is quite bittersweet for me, however. While I'm uber excited to be joining my youth group as a full-time member, I'll also be leaving the place I've come to know as home. Sure nothing beats a Texas sunset, but Creel could never be called ugly. Mountains, lakes, cool rock formations, trees – don't see much of that in the Panhandle. Of the past five years, I've probably spent at least one of those hiking around and enjoying God's beautiful creation here in La Sierra Tarahumara. And no one can exclude the lifelong friends I've made down here. They're what made missionary life bearable(and facebook, that was a big blessing!).
But God has a new plan for the Heisler family. Our work here is done for the time being, and it's time to move on. There's is no doubt in my mind that what God has in store for us in the coming months/years will be greater than I've ever imagined. First, however, I'll need to finish school. One more year of mostly college credit classes through Amarillo College to go before I finally graduate! So in a sense, I'll be simultaneously going through my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college. BONUS!! Then it looks like I'll be on the move again, this time to Muizenburg, SA for a DTS. But don't worry, Canyonites. That won't be until next fall! And from there–well, only God knows!
T-minus 3 weeks, people! Watch out, cause ol' Timo'll be back in town!
-Tim-
No comments:
Post a Comment