Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pa-Rum-Pa-Pum-Pum

   Last week, my dad and I went to a small church in Creel.  A few minutes after getting there, Pablo(the worship leader) called me over and asked if I would like to play drums for the service.  I was thinking, "Hey!  That sounds like fun!"  Of course at the same time, a little person in my brain was reminding me that (1) it's five minutes until the beginning of the service, (2) I hadn't practiced the songs, and (3) it had been well over a year since I played a real trap set(sorry, Rock Band, I'm afraid you don't count).  Nevertheless, I accepted and quickly ran through the song list so I knew more or less what I was doing.  And, from what I've been told, I did a pretty good job(I don't know if they were complimenting me or just being nice! : ] ).  In fact, Pablo asked if I'd like to continue playing there.  So now I'm apparently the official drummer of the Assemblies of God church in Creel.  Hmm.... I wonder how well that will turn out (*shrug).  Anyway, it just goes to show that God always provides opportunities for you to honor Him, and He also provides opportunities to bless someone who has a need.  Whether it be reaching out in you're community or playing a beat-up trap set for a small church,  God is always capable of working through you to bless the people around you.

                 -Tim-

2 comments:

  1. For the record, you DID do a great job. And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the above comment! you did great!!!

    ReplyDelete